Monday, April 16, 2012

Eight Good Thoughts

The verse of the week changes today. When I begin to think that I can't accomplish something, like daily fasting; when I begin to talk negatively to myself, I will pick out each of the eight things to think of in the verse of the week this week: Philippians 4:8 - What ever is ...
  1. true  Fasting is a healthful thing to do for my spiritual as well as physical life
  2. noble  Also, "honorable" in other versions - Fasting is an honorable thing because of the sacrifice
  3. just  Fasting brings to justice my over-eating habits
  4. pure  Fasting helps to purify the body and the mind
  5. lovely  Not only a lovlier body, face, nails and hair, but everything around - all nature seems more colorful, more lovely when the body is not overstuffed with food
  6. things of good report  The reports going around of me losing weight and gaining health will certainly be good reports
  7. virtue  Virtue means good, moral and clean.  Fasting is definitely a good and moral and clean way of getting control of eating habits
  8. something praiseworthy  about fasting - I can certainly sing the praises of fasting, even daily fasting.
This is a good thing to fast. Daily fasting may not seem like fasting to anyone, but it truly is. I'm thankful to have found others who do this. There is no reason to think this is unhealthy. Eating too much every day is what is unhealthy!

These eight guidelines to keep my thoughts positive will help me all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment