Monday, April 9, 2012

For the sake of prayer

I've been O.F.F. the daily fasting for I can't remember how long. But, I'm starting again.

What happened? There is a man at church who lost his job due to downsizing in the company where he was employed. Now, his wife does work, but he is without a job and they have three daughters - one in college and two about to be in college.

We, in the church, really don't want this family to have to move. Since they have moved here, we've gotten very close to them. They are like family to us now. I think they feel the same way. We are hoping and praying that he will be able to find a job close and stay here.

Sunday, I asked him how that job hunting was coming, and I told him that I would pray for him on that. I had already decided to dedicate all day Monday with fasting to prayer for him if he hadn't found a job yet.

That's why I'm back on the daily fasting today. Everytime I thought of food or was hungry, I lifted his family up in prayer. I've decided to go back to the Fast-Five type of fasting with this prayer. I will lift this family up in prayer daily until the dad has a new job that he will be happy with and one that will have good bosses and co-workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment