Saturday, February 10, 2018

Challenges

I have to have community it seems to be a success with Intermittent Fasting (IF). It's so easy to get off track.

I just finished a two week intermittent fasting challenge on youtube. That kind of thing really helps me to keep going. I keep looking for more challenges to have someone to follow. I'm a follower more than a leader -- which can be tricky -- followers have to be very sure their leaders are taking them in the right direction. That IF challenge was the right path.

But, since that challenge, I've fallen off once again. I had quit eating sugar almost completely since last September!! I had reduced drinking my daily deadly bad habit of Diet Soda Pop down to allowing it only one day/week.

Then, I had a whopping big birthday -- my 60th. This one was quite depressing for me. I'm really getting old and there are plenty to remind me of this fact. ahem

My dad passed away six weeks before my birthday, just before Christmas and two days after he and my mother had celebrated their 66th anniversary. I realized when he died that I'd lost my best friend.

Then, a good thing happened. When I went back to have my A1C checked -- you can't fake that -- it and all those other health numbers had improved so well, that the doctor said that I needed no medication at all. Yay! I never got those prescriptions anyway. I think I sort of also wanted to break loose after such good news.

I allowed these events to slowly swallow me back down into the sinkhole of bad habits from which I was doing so well to climb out.

So, I think I need continual challenges. This new one is another 14-day challenge, but it doesn't involve IF. But, it doesn't allow snacking. That alone is a daily fasting challenge. I begin Monday. (Today is Saturday)

Do well. Get well. Fast daily.



1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you posting again.
    I'm 62, so I know how hard it seems to do healthy things. I keep starting over.
    You've proven you can do it and you can do it again.
    I'm with you. Good luck.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete