Saturday, April 9, 2016

Time to get rid of that poison!

Forty-nine years ago today, on April 9, 1967, a diamond back rattlesnake bit my leg in the Texas panhandle near Sudan. I was nine years old. A month later, my leg had to be amputated. Daddy wouldn't let the doctor take my knee, who said he'd have to later if he didn't now, but later never came, so I still have my knee 49 years later. Thank you Lord for such a wise father.

When I woke up this morning, I remembered that day. I remember, after all was said and done, Mother and Daddy telling me that the doctor told them the snake poison would always be in my blood. I suppose like all those childhood diseases will always be in your blood.

After learning about detoxing, I've often wondered if that snake poison could be drawn out and I could be rid of that snake forever. What I've read about detoxing, the most recent toxins come out first, followed by the next most recent, then the next until at last, those childhood toxins are at last released.

So, upon the coming 50th anniversary of my rattlesnake bite, I think I will begin a serious year-long detoxing. Perhaps any future complications from that slithering poison will be long gone at last.

I asked my alternative doctor about the symptoms of the snake poison making it's exit. Would it potentially make me so sick that releasing it could do more harm than good? I mean, I nearly died in 1967, they said. Could the poison coming out from hiding finish it's intended job? The doctor reassured me it would not do that much harm.

So with that reassurance, I'm devoted to doing this. I've began (again) the fast-five already, so I'll just start my detoxing with this and plant-based eating, then perhaps 100% raw vegan, water fasting, colon cleansing, dry brushing, etc. Even if the doctor was wrong, and there is no longer snake poison there, detoxing is a good thing.

I remember that Daddy had his own remedy for taking the poison out of my blood, and that was to eat plenty of raw honey. I'm not sure where he got that, if it's even correct, but he did what he could. So, perhaps that did the trick, or at least started it back then.

I wish I knew where the old pictures of me at that time had gotten to. Maybe I'll find them. If I do, I will share them here as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever asked about that a ... hmmm ... how to say that ... normal doctor? Snake poison always in your blood for so many years? I really don't know. Our bodies have mechanism of getting rid of toxins every day. Otherwise you'd be dead by now.
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Maybe that's right! But, it's not still in there as pure poison, as I understand, but like childhood disease remains in our bodies, thus making us immune to it again, or to resurface later as shingles or other thing. I have to say the article you reference cannot be right. Of course we can get toxins out of our bodies. While it's true that our bodies do their own detoxing on their own, people do die earlier than they should because of toxins in their bodies. Kidneys, livers, skins, lungs DO fail and kill bodies because of a build up of toxins that it cannot release. Detoxing is not ... how did he say it ... a myth.

    ReplyDelete