Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Every Morning

The verse of the week is: Lamentations 3:22-23 - "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."

More verses in that chapter are good to reflect upon, but I'm limiting it to these two for here.

Every day begins with a clean page. I'm glad God's mercies are new every morning. Remembering to start fresh every day is a challenge in itself. But God doesn't forget. Our heavenly Father is full of compassion and mercy and is not without feeling toward our physical needs.

Our elders in the church had asked us to pray for a week about some possible changes that could take place in the church. I decided to fast and pray and not talk to anyone about it until the time was over, which is nearly a week ago now. I was wanting to do a pure fast - just water, but instead, I fasted this 19-5 hour way. It was better than no fasting. Still, this fasting increased my strength in prayer. The elders decided in the way that I was hoping for, but I prayed for the best to be done. Naturally, I thought the best was "my way", but that's just human nature. I believe we should pray for God's will in spite of our own will be done. It's how Jesus prayed, after all.

I'm continuing the 19-5 fast. I hope to continue it until I lose the weight I need to lose. I'm SOOOO heavy. I want to lose half my weight. I need to lose no less than 100 pounds, but 120 pounds would be what I want to lose. Actually, since the elders asked us for prayer and I started back in daily fasting, I've lost 4 pounds.

Forgiveness again. Starting again. Mercies again. New every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment