Friday, September 7, 2012

Taking Advantage of the Opportunity

Yesterday, I read all of my posts on this blog. The one about the angels' food had a sentence in it that struck me numb all over - again. It was something like: "If we could eat the food of the angels now, would we?" We do have food that is closest to God's hands - raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. I mean, these foods come directly from the Creator as a gift of life to us. So, why do I go to the processed dead foods instead?  Cravings. Cravings come from what we are habitually used to doing.

The opportunity is there to take advantage of God's gift of life-giving foods.

Today, a new day. It's new every morning. I gained a pound from yesterday's over-eating, even though I stayed within the margins of the fast-five. I fooled myself into thinking that I'll be okay as long as I stay within the time. Today, I take advantage of the foods available to us directly from God's creation.

And... praying for peace and for liberty to continue in our God-blessed country.

No comments:

Post a Comment