Monday, March 4, 2013

I Do Not Advise...

The "Fast-Five" diet book says that it's okay to drink unsweetened or artificially sweetened drinks during the 19 hour fasting time of this diet. So, this morning while I was out doing errands, I stopped and got a Diet Mt. Dew. I know they're not healthy for a person - everyone knows that. But, I thought I'd just have this to enjoy a "treat" rather than having plain water.

Since I've been doing this - this is my fourth day - I've not had any cravings during the fasting period. I'm amazed at that, but the book said that's the way it's going to be! I love this diet. However, as soon as I drank the soda pop, I felt hungry. Not just wanting a certain taste in my mouth, but my stomach started aching that hunger ache. I'm blaming the drink.

I had read that diet sodas actually can make a person gain weight because of several factors, and one of those factors is that it makes the brain want food. Hmm. I hope I don't make that mistake again. Deceptive food - if you can call a diet soda a "food", really.

Just wanting to warn you. I do not advise diet sodas during the fasting period.

No comments:

Post a Comment