Saturday, March 9, 2013

Losing Weight!

Thursday evening is the time of the week that I go to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) to weigh in. I started with TOPS in October, and now weigh more than when I started. The good things about TOPS are the cost - very affordable, the accountability, the cheerful people in this particular chapter and the nearness to my house. The bad thing, which is actually a good thing too, is that you find your own way to lose the weight. Although they have a plan, and do ask you to keep a food diary, there is no certain way to lose weight. Everyone is free to choose what works for them. The only bad thing about this is, it's tempting to just "wing it" and weight is not lost. That was what I did, and it's what I heard another woman say this last meeting. Like the author of the Fast-Five book says, just cutting back or changing what we eat, but eating all day doesn't really work. At least not for me and others who are successful with this daily fasting type of diet.

I am glad to be free to use the Fast-Five diet plan. It's not for everyone and the nay-sayers will put it down in a heartbeat if they knew that this is the plan I've chosen. However, I have told a few about it.

Well, this past Thursday night was the first weigh-in since I began the Fast-Five again. I lost 3.6 pounds!!! Yay! Just wanted to tell the world. I didn't perfectly follow the diet plan, but I'm doing an A-, and I feel so much better. And BIG "Atta-Girl" to me --- I'm losing weight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment