Thursday, March 21, 2013

Family Visits

One of the hardest things about going on any reducing diet is going home to "Mom's cooking"!

This week, I did just that. My mother is a very good cook. She knows how to bring comfort into the home with a good meal. However, I couldn't get it through to her that I was not eating after 5:00 or before 12 noon. She still counted me when she got out eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc... for an early breakfast or a late supper.

I gave in at supper, twice eating after 8:00 p.m., but stayed with the before 12 noon fast-five plan. It was difficult with homemade biscuits and sausage and eggs, but I managed. As expected, Mother thought I was doing myself harm.

I'll know tonight how I did at the TOPS weigh-in. I did eat less than I would have pre-120 pounds (that's the goal I'm shooting for, and I'm trying to get that mind-set), so maybe it will show up on the scales as at least "no gain".

Since I didn't put up a new verse on Sunday, I'll put one up today (Thursday) and leave it 'til a week from this Saturday. I'll talk about it later...

Isaiah 55:2 - (nkjv)
"Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?

Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance."

No comments:

Post a Comment