Friday, October 25, 2013

Disappointment and Enlightenment

Last night was our TOPS meeting. I was shocked to hear that I had GAINED! I hadn't had sodas as before - only 3, but they at least didn't have caffeine - Sprite. However the sugar is likely no different. I turned down chips and cookies. I refused to eat late at night. I thought I'd done okay.

Then, thinking on it, I realized how much I really ate. This is why they tell you to keep a food diary. I have never liked doing that. I see the value of it now.

The last two old habits I pledged to ditch have been kind of difficult. I used to pick up a bag of chips along with a coke. Then, it changed to chips and a bottled water. Then, just bottled water. The chips really have been easier than I thought. Not the eating within the five hours, though. And last night, after the TOPS meeting, I had some nachos with cheese and peppers. In the middle of eating this fattening food, drowning my sorrow for not losing weight this week, I realized that nachos classifies as chips! Not only that, it was well after five o'clock. I had eaten crackers and cheese earlier in the day - not chips, but cheese and before noon!

No one is perfect, I realize that, but we can strive to get there. I'm writing a food diary this week. I have lost my gym key that lets me in the door of the gym. I have to find that and get back on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment