Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Bad Night

For the first time since the 40-day fast began, I had a bad night last night. I got up at 2:30 and went back to bed at 5:45 - the usual time I get OUT of bed. This made for a very difficult morning to get ready for school and work. 

I have a suspicion that it may be because of the choice of food I ate for my noon meal. The night before, I went out to eat with my family. I didn't eat anything and I only drank unsweetened tea, but ordered a to-go meal for my lunch the next day (yesterday). This meal was a pork barbeque sandwich and sauce with baked beans and potato salad. That meal has a lot of sugar and starch in it - not something for a "borderline" diabetic to be having. It's rather a heavy meal, too. It was the first time I'd eaten anything that heavy since the fast began. So, note to self: "be careful of your sugar and starch intake even on one-meal-a-day days".

I should have known.

1 comment:

  1. Ironically, my fast was not the greatest the 25th.A full five hours I'd say of eating....yuck! Yesterday I was up at 3 a.m....tried to fall back to sleep but couldn't so up I was...Got a lot accomplished...BEFORE I went to work,lol. Didn't have supper till 5:30. Praising God for that. I was very tired though later on and started to 'melt' emotionally and mentally. I find when I am tired I can eat...but I didn't last night. Had a banana. Went to sleep early...The thought of eating last night made me ill. Probably because of the food I ate the day before. I was STUFFED just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete